Here's a few fab recipes for a Super Bowl Sunday shin-dig! (Lets Go Saints!!!)
Also, check out this great Super Bowl Party post from paperyandcakery
• Four 12-ounce bottles cold light-flavored beer,
• 1 cup (8 ounces) tequila
• 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
• Lime wedges
• Kosher salt, for rimming glasses
In a large pitcher, combine the beer, tequila and limeade. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of each of glass and dip it in the salt. Pour the margaritas into the glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
This is my favorite & somewhat original, dip w/ tortilla chips:
Velveeta Cheese Dip
• 1 lb. of ground meat: (ground beef, turkey, sausage, chorizo: use just one, or any combination)
• 1 med.-lg. onion
• 1 can of diced tomatoes
• 1 can of black beans
• 1 small can of green chilies
• 1 brick of Velveeta cubed
• 1 package of neufatel cheese
• 1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• 1 tsp. black pepper
• 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
Brown the meat & the onions together in a large skillet, drain excess grease & blot w/ paper towels to remove excess. Add tomatoes, black beans, & green chiles over medium heat (or in crock pot). Once warm & bubbly, add cream of mushroom soup, then Velveeta & neufatel cheese. Warm until melted. Add spices. Serve w/ tortilla chips.
And I'm intrigued to try out this:
Wild, Wild Wing Dip
• 2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup pepper sauce (ie Franks Red Hot)
• 1 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
• 2 cups diced cooked chicken
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• Tortilla chips, celery crackers for serving!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together cream cheese and hot pepper sauce until it’s well blended
3. Add ranch dressing, chicken and cheddar cheese
4. Spread into 9×13 baking dish
5. Bake for 30 minutes
via stilletosports - (check out there other dip recipes, as well!)
Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Cream Cheese Frosting
2 C unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 C Dutch processed cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 C granulated sugar
1/2 C light or dark brown sugar
4 oz./1/2 C unsalted softened butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C sour cream
1 12 fl. oz. bottle/1 1/2 C Guinness or stout beer
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter or line with paper cups 2 12 count muffin tins.
• In a large bowl briefly whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
• In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or with a hand mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add one egg and beat until evenly mixed and fluffy, make sure to scrape down the mixer bowl once in a while. Add the second egg and vanilla extract and beat again until light and fluffy.
• Add the sour cream and beat in, then with the mixer running, slowly pour in the Guinness.
• Sift the dry ingredients into the batter and slowly stir the batter until it is evenly mixed and there are no streaks of flour. Make sure to stop the mixer frequently to scrape down the sides and make sure to mix up any flour pockets hidden on the bottom of the bowl.
• Divide 1/4 C of batter into each muffin cup, you’ll get about 20 – 24 cupcakes.
• Bake at 350 degrees F on the middle rack for 20 – 25 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake in the middle of the pan should come out clean. Make sure to rotate the pans halfway through baking. Set on a rack to cool to room temperature before frosting.
• For layer cakes: baking 25 – 30 minutes, rotate the pans around halfway, a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes should come out clean.
Bailey’s Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8oz. bar of cream cheese, softened
1 4oz. stick of unsalted butter, softened
2 C confectioner’s sugar
4 – 6 Tablespoons of Bailey’s Irish Cream
• In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or with a hand mixer, add the cream cheese, butter, and confectioner’s sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Slowly drizzle in the Bailey’s, more or less depending on how boozey you want the frosting, and beat until completely incorporated into the frosting.