*can be made w/ or w/out an ice cream maker*
The recipe below is very basic and can be adapted a number of ways. Use an ice cream maker--or do without. A mixture of summer fruits can be added for variety. The riper and softer the peaches the better; their natural sweetness reduces the need for added sugar. It’s best to start with less sugar and increase it to taste. The alcohol in the liqueur resists freezing so the end result is less icy and softer in texture, but omit it if preferred—it will work just fine.
6 medium, very ripe fresh peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 cup +/- sugar
2 TBS Peach Schnapps (or liqueur of your choice)
2 TBS fresh squeezed lime juice
How to Make Peach Sorbet
1. Place all ingredients except water into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped into a course emulsion.
2. Taste and add sugar as needed.
3. With the cover on and the processor running, trickle water through the feeder tube until the mixture is thick and smooth.
4. Transfer to a container, cover tightly.
5. To make sorbet with an ice cream maker, chill the mixture thoroughly and follow the appliance manufacturer’s instructions.
6. To make sorbet without an ice cream maker, place the mixture in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
7. Check the texture of the sorbet. If it is icy or grainier than desired, remove from the freezer and using a food processor or blender, blend again until smooth.
8. Refreeze for 30 minutes or longer before serving.
link to this recipe