Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cousin Adam's Apple Pie

via my cousin Adam

INGREDIENTS:
1 bottle of Everclear
1 gallon of Apple Juice
1 gallon of Apple Cider
12 Cinnamon Sticks
6 Quart Mason Jars

DIRECTIONS:
Boil Apple Juice, Apple Cider, & 12 Cinnamon Sticks in a large pot for 45 minutes. Strain out cinnamon sticks. Add 4-6 shots of Everclear (depending on the potency you would like) per quart jar & add the boiled liquid, divided equally amongst each jar. Cap & lid jars, store at room temp or cooler, & enjoy! (pictured above is a double batch)

UPDATE:


So, I posted this, before I actually attempted making it. Now that I've made a batch, I've learned a few things...
I used pint mason jars, not quart jars, as the recipe above, and divided 1 bottle of Everclear equally (about 3 shots each) among 7 pint mason jars. It made for a potent, but amazing batch. Also, only 9 cinnamon sticks came in the package I bought, so I used 9, instead of the 12 the recipe calls for. (I don't think it made any difference in the end result) Once I filled up the 7 jars, I realized I had tons of the apple juice/cider liquid left. So, I ran back to the store & picked up a 2nd bottle of Everclear. I repeated the same process, dividing the 2nd bottle of Everclear equally amongst the new set of 7 mason jars. I ended up w/ 14 pint jars of goodness!


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

weddingdressesanglew said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails