Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cousin Adam's Apple Pie

via my cousin Adam

INGREDIENTS:
1 bottle of Everclear
1 gallon of Apple Juice
1 gallon of Apple Cider
12 Cinnamon Sticks
6 Quart Mason Jars

DIRECTIONS:
Boil Apple Juice, Apple Cider, & 12 Cinnamon Sticks in a large pot for 45 minutes. Strain out cinnamon sticks. Add 4-6 shots of Everclear (depending on the potency you would like) per quart jar & add the boiled liquid, divided equally amongst each jar. Cap & lid jars, store at room temp or cooler, & enjoy! (pictured above is a double batch)

UPDATE:


So, I posted this, before I actually attempted making it. Now that I've made a batch, I've learned a few things...
I used pint mason jars, not quart jars, as the recipe above, and divided 1 bottle of Everclear equally (about 3 shots each) among 7 pint mason jars. It made for a potent, but amazing batch. Also, only 9 cinnamon sticks came in the package I bought, so I used 9, instead of the 12 the recipe calls for. (I don't think it made any difference in the end result) Once I filled up the 7 jars, I realized I had tons of the apple juice/cider liquid left. So, I ran back to the store & picked up a 2nd bottle of Everclear. I repeated the same process, dividing the 2nd bottle of Everclear equally amongst the new set of 7 mason jars. I ended up w/ 14 pint jars of goodness!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails